Complete and Submit the ONLINE Scholarship Application which also includes:
1. Personal Information (view detailsSubmit personal information in designated boxes as part of your online application.)
2. Essay (view detailsWrite a 750-1,000 word essay describing what diversity means to you. Include your name at the top of the document and submit using the online essay submission bar. If you do not wish to submit your essay online, you may mail in the essay with other required documents.)
3. Financial Need Statement (view detailsThe cost of college is a financial burden to most families. Please include any family circumstances that may affect your family’s ability to pay for college. Be as specific as possible.)
Did you receive a confirmation email that your application has been submitted online? (view detailsOnce you submit the online portion of your application, you should receive a confirmation email letting you know that your application has been received. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please email Jasmine Morrissette at email@example.com)
Gather the following support documents:
1. Official High School Transcript (view detailsPlease mail in a copy of an official high school transcript. All transcripts must be signed and sealed by school official.)
2. Two letters of Recommendation (view detailsWe want to know what others have to say about you! Please include letters of recommendation from a guidance counselor or teacher. Please keep in mind that all recommendations must come from staff members of your current school.)
Letter #1 from _______________________
Letter #2 from _______________________
3. Copy of IRS Form 1040, 1040 EZ or Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with your other mailed supporting documents.
You may submit 2016 tax forms if 2017 forms are not available. If submitting 2016 forms, please explain any significant income change and include an estimate of current income.
Financial information is confidential and used by the office to estimate financial need; however, feel free to black out any social security numbers or other information if deemed necessary.)
Postmark and mail documents by Thursday, October 20, 2016 to:
Director of Scholarships
2401 Fountain View Drive Suite 420
Houston, TX 77057
*If your family has a situation where these are not available (you do not have parents, your parents do not file, or you are considered an independent), please provide a statement or other documentation about your case.